Comparing service contracts can be a daunting task. Here are a few tips to assist you.
- All Service Contracts have some sort of Trip Protection, Car Rental, Roadside assistance. Don't be fooled by companies that tout this is as if its unique to them.
- Make sure you are only dealing with companies that have sell plans that are backed by A- or higher Insurance Companies. This will protect you from any companies that go out of business. The plan will be paid by the administrator.
- Make sure that the plans are comparable. Some companies advertise $399 a year. This is misleading, because the plan is a 5 year plan so you would pay $1995. Always ask what is the Term (Contract Coverage Length), what is the mileage (how many miles the plan covers), what is the coverage. If you compare these three things then you can ensure your comparisons are accurate.
- Be wary of companies that ask for your personal information before giving you a quote. There is no need for your email address or phone number.
- Ask if the representative selling the policy is a licensed property and casualty agent. The best companies have licensed property and casualty reps.
If you follow these simple tips, you can rest assured that you are comparing companies and products accurately.